Garney installed 6 pipe segments this week. They are two pipe segments away from the manhole in the middle of Alta Vista between Osprey and Pomelo Ave. If they can maintain this pace, they will be at the intersection of Alta Vista and Pomelo Ave early May. Next week will be very busy on Alta Vista, Garney will set the new manhole early in the week. Then, they will install the wellpoints from the manhole West towards the Pomelo intersection. Asphalt between the current work zone and the Pomelo intersection will be removed. City crews will also begin work to install isolation vales on the watermain in the intersection of Pomelo and Alta Vista Street. This will speed up construction of the sewer pipe and reduce the risk of the watermain failing during the construction work.
The improvements on Osprey Ave continued this week. The curbs and driveway aprons between Alta Vista and Irving Street were poured. Next week, the curbs and aprons between Irving Street and Bahia Vista will be poured. Samples were taken yesterday and today for the new watermain, so we are waiting on clearance from the Florida Department of Health before we can make the tie-ins for the watermain.
Work Completed Last Week:
- Run deep gravity sewer pipe west on Alta Vista Street.
- Curb and driveway improvements on Osprey between Alta Vista and Irving Street.
Work Scheduled for Next 2 Weeks:
- Set manhole in Alta Vista.
- Continue Alta Vista 24-inch sewer.
- Well points and header installation on Alta Vista to Pomelo Place intersection.
- City crews to install isolation valves on the existing watermain on Alta Vista and Pomelo Ave.
- Watermain Tie-ins at Osprey & Alta Vista, Osprey & Irving Street, and Osprey and Bahia Vista