Join the ARA!
Membership: We benefit when our community is safer, more beautiful, and friendlier. Join the Avondale Residents Association (ARA) and experience the benefits of a strong neighborhood organization.
Who Can Be A Member?: Any resident of Avondale within the following boundaries: the Hudson Bayou as the northern border with the north side of Bahia Vista St. as the southern border. Osprey Avenue is the western border, while Brewer Place is the eastern border. There are approximately 74 households within these boundaries. Membership and dues are voluntary. The effectiveness of Avondale Residents Association depends on your participation.
Membership and Dues: Membership in the association is based on households. Each household membership has one vote. All household members may hold office in the Association and participate in all functions. Household dues are $50 annually. Benefits of membership include:
- Social offerings (Fall Picnic, Spring Social, Annual Business Meeting)
- Help provide a stronger and cohesive voice in issues related to our community (eg, infrastructure improvements)
- Emails to members on current safety and any other issues
- To build funds for City of Sarasota grant proposals to fund future Avondale needs
- To build funds for any future legal fees needed to protect the interests of Avondale