Join the ARA!
Membership: Everyone benefits when our community is safe, beautiful, and friendly. Join the Avondale Residents Association (ARA) and experience the benefits of a strong neighborhood organization.
Who Can Be A Member?: Any resident of Avondale within the following boundaries: the Hudson Bayou as the northern border with the north side of Bahia Vista St. as the southern border. Osprey Avenue is the western border, while Brewer Place is the eastern border. There are approximately 74 households within these boundaries. Membership and dues are voluntary. The effectiveness of Avondale Residents Association depends on your participation.
Membership and Dues: Membership in the association is based on households. Each household membership has one vote. All household members may hold office in the Association and participate in all functions. Household dues are $50 annually. Benefits of membership include:
- Social offerings (Fall Picnic, Spring Social, Annual Business Meeting)
- Help provide a stronger and cohesive voice in issues related to our community (eg, infrastructure improvements)
- Emails to members on current safety and any other issues
- To build funds for City of Sarasota grant proposals to fund future Avondale needs
- To build funds for any future legal fees needed to protect the interests of Avondale
*The Association is run by volunteers and elected officers without compensation. Credit cards are accepted via the link below. Please be aware that PayPal charges us a processing fee. If you would like to cover this fee, please enter $51.99 as your payment amount, otherwise, it’s $50 to join/renew. Neighbors may give more than $50 to fund special projects or add to our general fund.